I participated in a Podcast Certificate Program hosted by The Gotham Film & Media Institute in 2021, where I…
Acquired the fundamental techniques of long-form narrative audio storytelling to tell compelling stories through clear and conversational writing, interviews, and sound.
- Gained proficiency with cutting tape, mixing, and recording in Hindenburg
- Created transcripts, act-breakdowns, and scripts
- Interviewed and prepped guests, wrote tracking, and mixed various pieces including a VOX POP.
- Participated in group edits; learning how it necessitates great audio stories
- Learned the ins and outs of remote recordings using video ( ZOOM, GOOGLE MEET)
- Obtained strong understanding of audio landscape including major distributors, creators, and production houses
- Pitched, shaped, and produced a 10+ minute audio narrative on deadline while incorporating editor notes.
Check out my audio samples here!
Virtual Presentation of my final audio project @ The Gotham Film & Media Institute